It was the first time that happened to us. Normally, when we write the “ 60 things ” it usually costs us to reach 60. It seems easy but, have you ever considered looking for 60 things to recommend in your city? Well, imagine if it’s not your city and you’ve only been traveling. With the 60 things to do and see in Rome, it has been the other way around. It got out of hand, we had to group and even discard things. It may have been almost three weeks in a row in the city on our last trip that has helped, but it also influences the fact that the Eternal City is unbeatable.
We already knew it, but on our tour of the city with the things to see in Rome in 3 days we were left with so many visits, curiosities, jokes … outside, we knew that taking out 60 things to do and what to see in Rome was going to be a cinch. Well no, in the end, it has been complicated to adjust them to that: at 60. Get organized as you want and go out crossing out, once you travel to Rome … you have to go back.
THINGS TO DO AND SEE IN ROME
- It is not in the city. In fact, it is not even in the country. But the first thing to do in Rome is to hallucinate with the mosaics and sculptures of St. Peter’s Basilica.
- And, since we are in Vatican City … the next thing is to visit the Vatican Museums. We tell you all about them in the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel: everything you need to know before visiting. But we already warn you that almost the only way to enter is with a tour, here you can see the prices and book it.
- Throw a coin at the Trevi Fountain – which we have not done and we have returned a few times. Mind you, just a coin that, as you can think of trying to get a foot emulating Anita Ekberg in La dolce vita, you will end up with a fine of remembrance.
- Count aqueducts as if there were no tomorrow in the Park of Aqueducts. You can’t imagine all that can be together.
- Eat a delicious dish of tonnarelli cacio e Pepe – we tell you which is our favorite in Where to eat in Rome – and enjoy one of the typical dishes of Rome.
- Say hello to Caesar as a gladiator in the Colosseum. If you want to know why it is called that when it was built and more curiosities, check out The visit to the Colosseum in Rome. And, as with the Vatican Museums, it is very difficult to get in on your own … here you can see the prices and book your guided tour in Spanish. By the way, you can combine it with the museums themselves, we tell you in The Vatican Tour plus Colosseum, Forum and Palatine.
- Climb the stairs of the Plaza de España. And we have said to go up, that it is forbidden to sit and even more to eat on their steps.
- Take advantage of one of the free tours in Rome: the classic one, the one around the Vatican, the baroque church or the one with mysteries and legends. Do not say that you can not tour the city with a tour whatever your budget.
- Find yourself face to face with death in the crypt of the Capuchins of Our Lady of the Conception of the Capuchins.
- Confirm that spaghetti alla carbonara does not have cream. And, since we are, check out the 15 things you should not do in a restaurant in Italy so as not to anger the waiters.
- Watch the sunset from the roof of Castel Sant’Angelo. Enter only to watch the sunset? No, you can not imagine what the ancient mausoleum of Adriano hides … we tell you in The Castle of Sant’Angelo in Rome.
- Whether you have seen the Sistine Chapel in the Vatican or not, the possibility of enjoying its creation, its history and its details thanks to cutting-edge technology and an immersive projection with actors is something you should not miss. His name is Giudizio Universale.